Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

RESPONSE AND CLARIFICATION

Posted By: Jon Ivanovich
Date: 2001.6.3.17.14

In Response To: Re: Questions #15-30 (Wolfchild)

The Pfhor Queen= the S'pht controller unit. It was the nastiest single sprite thing I saw in the whole game, I think (i could be mistaken).

The Pfhor Egg was in level 6 of 6 of the Pfhor ship levels- in the middle of a room in "Ain't Got Time Pfhor This...", surrounded by slime, in a room filled by wasps and compilers, as I recall. See for yourself: http://marathon.bungie.org/story/pfhoregg.html (see bottom for link)

Yes, the lean command was Deus Ex, but could also be found in Elite Force. When you play all those games and UT, they start to all run together like watercolors on a wet portrait, so forgive me if I forget.
Feigndeath could come in very handy with all those idiot Pfhor client races, you know. You could drop dead in a pile of BOB parts and dissappear off the radar, wait for them to walk away, then pop up and open fire- just a thought.

I work at a small TV studio- we do all our audio in-house in a simple, small, low echo room on one mic. If I was doing something like this project, that could be used and later cleaned up in whatever audio app the editor guy uses.

As for contacting Doug Zartman... well, you have to start with what can be attained first. Bungie dosen't exactly read its letters to the webmaster seriously, i think, so you need a connection. Why not the head of IMG himself, Tuncer Deniz? I hear he's a fairly approachable guy, and he should know the PR of Bungie (Doug) since he was the project lead of Myth and Myth II. Deniz -> Zartman- who knows where it could go from there? Of course, Doug may not want to even consider this project, so it's probably a moot point, but considering that this project is not a business entity of any sort, it really couldn't hurt to ask.

Lastly, because our angle of sight will change, the physics of a grenade hop will change as well- that is what i meant in 'will it stay the same.'

-JIS

The Pfhor Egg file

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.