Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Questions #15-30

Posted By: Jon Ivanovich
Date: 2001.6.2.18.57

Like Durandal and the Phoenix before me, I have arisen from the ashes to torment again.

15. Simulacrums- sure, they will all be garbed in green and have yellow blood, but will you try to preserve the original idiot things they said, re-record what they said, or perhaps ask Doug Zartman himself for a 10 minute sound studio session?

16. The Pfhor Queen was one of my all time favorite units in Marathon- has any thought been given as to what she would look like in 3D?

17. You are remaking weapons. Will you also take this chance to also remake the sounds, mostly of the pfhor chatter?

18. Shall I assume that with the mixing of genders, that skin tone and hair color will also vary among the BOB and BAB population?

19. Who will you be using to record the BAB audio? (I would suggest asking Doug if he knew any ladies who would be fit for the job.)

20. Will the MADDs stay true to the old sprites, or will they be updated to represent perhaps a 'Matrix' or some other more recent sci-fi droid motif?

21. Will the missions Leela gives you (save half the BOBs) be able to be translated into the UT engine, or will you just pick one console and go with it?

22. Will the character combination that printed the 'failure' dialogue in a console also be duplicated? (%r was the characters that would do that. The dialogue was as follows, and can be found in the level 'Try Again':
"The colony has been wiped out. Phhht! Just like that.")

23. Will the first terminal of 'Defend This!' be complete, or will the error of the missing final screen on the console remain? (telling where the last control circuit would go- 8 maximum screens, the third circuit position would have been the ninth, the logon and logoff screens count as one each.) Or will you leave the error intact, along with the other errors?

24. Will you bother to add all the terminal texts that were never actually accessable in solo play?

25. The Pfhor Egg. What can I say, but to ask 'what are your thoughts on modeling this thing?' It is also said that the eggs would have been able to be destroyed, were it not for lack of time- will your Pfhor Egg be susceptable to things that go 'boom?'

26. I guess you guys will also give some extra 'oomph' to a punch when we increase our velocity, right? (speedpunch, runpunch, all the names for it)

27. Will the look of the ammunition in the real world be updated, as in "will the ammo on the floor appear to fit into our weapons?" or, in the interest of preserving the original feel and ability to see the ammo quickly, will you be leaving the boxes as-is, just in 3d?

28. In unreal, we can jump, lean, crouch and play dead. Will any of these be allowed?

29. In all the marathons, our sight angels had vertical limits, the reason being that sprites will look really out of place when you can see them from the absolute top or bottom. How will our sight be effected?

30. Will the grenade hop remain the same?

I shall torment you no further for at least one week.

-JIS

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.