Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Westem=no, Charger=partially

Posted By: Wolfchild
Date: 2002.2.4.09.11

In Response To: Westem=no, Charger=partially (Djof)

: I've fone triggers, my door is working, I even made a
: working 2x Charger. "Working" not completely
: yet, though.

Yeah - I dug your map out of my cache and took a look at it. The door thing was pretty simple to fix, wasn't it? :-)
Also, I think you need to provide at least one more way out of the pit. Not many people will ever make it up that spiral stair alive.

: The charger is underwater, so you have to wait until you
: are *completely* not moving before you can charge your
: shields. Is there a way to adjust the sensibility?

Not without changing the code.

: And I can't get how you are doing to texture change
: (inactive charger -> charging charger) with the
: mover... Is it the trigger or the charger actor that
: triggers the mover? What kind of mover is it? (It
: doesn't look like the same type as for a door)

The ActionkeyTrigger triggers the charger and then the charger triggers the mover when it starts and then again when it stops. It has to work that way becuase the charger is the only actor who knows when you're all charged up, and it's also keeping track of whether you move or turn (or feign death) while charging.

For the WSTMs, I've seen that problem. For some reason the compiler is not correctly setting the mesh property that UEd uses to display the WSTM in 3d view. However, this should not be a large issue because to make a good M:R map you should not be placing any items in the map. Instead you should be using the ThonSpawn stuff (MarathonThingFactory and MarathonSpawnpoint) so that items can spawn at random locations and so that the quantity of a given item present in the game at any one time can be limited - just like in Marathon.

woof

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.