Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: You mighty artists

Posted By: Anaphiel
Date: 2002.1.22.19.21

In Response To: Re: You mighty artists (Djof@School)

I was just taking a nap, and I heard someone type my name... I log in, and just as I suspected, someone asking for advice.

I can't give out all of my dirty little secrets (bad pun, I know), but the best way to get the look you want is to overlay a texture over the image you are using in Photoshop. Most of my wall textures begin life as smooth surfaces of plain 50% gray, which I overlay with various photo-based or Photoshop-generated textures using different layer blend modes.

Take a trip to the great Randy Reddig's Shaderlab site (http://shaderlab.com/beta/?p=textures) or another online texture resource and download some metal or concrete textures and practice overlaying them (Overlay mode in Photoshop is a good place to start).

I have CDs full of interesting texures and photos for use in making textures, but a couple will work well to get you started. There are also a lot of ways to mimic the same effect in Photoshop, but it's less work to start with the basics.

Drop me an email if you need further help!

I remember that dude!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.