Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Suggestion for Changes

Posted By: Jeff Wyner
Date: 2002.1.9.18.33

Although Marathon Resurrection is truly a great mod, there are a couple of changes I think should be done before the final version. This is only my opinion, tell me what you think. In the original Marathon there wasn't a crosshair, but since most of the weapons were centered on the screen, one could assume the aim was a little above the guns.

In Resurrection, the pistol and shotguns are a bit tricky to aim because they are positioned on the right side instead of the middle. I think they should be positioned in the center, and then on both sides when having two guns just like in the original.

I also feel that the SMG should be moved to the center, because one of its advantages in the original was it's preside aim (you could literally see down the barrel to aim). By having it to the side, that advantage is lost—perhaps the secondary fire could be used somehow for aiming.

One last thing I noticed and is probably already fixed by now, but the light for the charging plasma gun is too far forward and not on the gun. I think the plasma gun looks really great; I love the silver polish and little Marathon symbol on it. Even though all above sounds critical, the mod is still outstanding! I’ve been waiting for a 3D Marathon for years, and this is it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.