Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Getting together with Frogblast

Posted By: }I{CarnageAsada
Date: 2001.12.12.00.13

Greetings.. First off, LOVE the mod. Marathon: Infinity was definitely and is definitely one of the best networkable games on the planet - not in terms of graphics, mind you, but in what's most important - gameplay. So thank you for bringing it to the masses in a more modern form.

What I'm posting about is this. The net maps available for Marathon Infinity were some of the best made. Coriolis Loop, The FM Net Maps Pack, Hats off to Eightninteen and a handful of the maps that came with Marathon Infinity - the list goes on. The maps were amazing fun. There's another team, called Frogblast: The Vencore Project (http://www.frogblast.com/) who has begun some of the maps over. Maps like Sans Serif, Controlled By Gamma Light and King of Pain are just a few that they have already ported (hopefully maps like Reason With The Sky and UN Attack are just around the corner). The only problem is that they use the Unreal Engine (textures, sounds, weapons, etc.) and not the mod you have created here. Honestly, I think it makes total sense for the Resurrection team to hook up with the Frogblast team and connect the two projects - or at least make them compatible. Everybody's working towards the same goal, it only makes sense to work together.

Anyways, I would love to be able to play their Sans Serif map with your Mod so if there's any way of connecting the two projects, I would be grateful and I think it would benefit everyone.

Again.. Nice work, gentlemen and ladies.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.