Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Carnage Heights

Posted By: DreamCatcher
Date: 2001.10.30.22.02

In Response To: Carnage Heights (Finch)

It's so weird talking about Marathon again and mentioning Frigidman just makes it all the more freaky, in a good kind of way.

I think one of the elements that is missing in so many of the UT and for that matter other FPS multiplayer maps are those little extras like hiding places,switches and booby traps that a lot of the old Marathon maps had in them. Frigidmans maps had so many of those interesting twists and elements, I think he should delve into the UT editor and let his magic flow again...
Forge was one of those editors that forced you to think creatively because of the fact that it wasn't a real 3D editor, but looked far superior than the 3D editors that were out at the time. I think Forge mappers can probably be some of the best. Anyway I think I've done enough stroking for now, that'll be 50 dollars thank you. :)

I do agree with you Finch, hopefully a lot of the Marathon mappers take up the hobby again using UTED and perhaps throwing in a few conversions...We're so damn greedy! :)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.