Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

a tear to my eye

Posted By: Finch
Date: 2001.10.29.21.24

well after viewing some new screen shots for rampancy i was all in the marathon mood again and got around to downloaidng beta 1.1 overnight on my half assed 56k connection. I love it. the fact that it no longer uses UT bots, the correct rocket sound, all those little touches that make it so much better.

When playing one of the new maps (forgot the name but its the huge one that you made from scratch) i started in a little room and after opening the door stepped out into what looked almost identicle to the famous inaccessible hanger area in level 1 of marathon 1, it almost brought a tear to my eye, to think after all this time, i coulf finally get into the hanger area. then i realised how different it was and noticed its just a relly nice, really sweet looking map. It makes me wish more and more bungie hadnt stopped the marathon series at only 3 games, oh well i can always dream.

One other interesting thing i noticed after seeing some screens of the new version of rampancy is how ressurection and rampancy seem to represent different games in a way. Resurrection seems more dark and forbodeing like marathon 1, which is really cool seeing as thast what your trying to remake. While rampancy (new version) is lighter, more well lit, and seems to really reflect marathon 2. both are wonderful but i was just noticing that.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.