Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Who's yo daddy?

Posted By: Grasshopper/MjolnirRecon
Date: 2001.10.25.07.59

In Response To: Re: Frigidman™? Who the hell is that... (Lt. Et'he)

An interesting -- if not completely discussed to death -- idea was brought up over at the Story Page a while back, the topic was "what's your favorite Marathon Scenario." Personally, I would agree with Wolfchild that if you wanted to "play" through a sci-fi novel, nothing came close to the original Marathon. Maybe it was the time or the place that it hit us, but I completely share that sentiment. The green glow of the terminals, the first compiler on "Arrival" (or the compiler ambush on "BGN), which nearly made me fall out of my chair, the garbage terms, all of it. A lot has been said about how cliched the Marathon story was, and Bungie doesn't contradict those who claim the story was hastily/carelessly written etc. I'm not going to get into _that_ argument there, but I will say this. In spite of its limitations, M1 truly ruled above all others. I've never really thought to compare Infinity and EVIL. Hmm. That'll give me something to think about next time I play through those two scenario -- which I've yet to do in Aleph. :)

-gh

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.