Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Amen Brother

Posted By: Wolfchild
Date: 2001.10.24.09.55

In Response To: lol (Frigidmanª)

: Evil was (in my opinion, and many others *cough*) the
: best addition to Marathon Infinity.

I'm with you here. It was better than Infinity itself (my apologees to Double Aught fans). It was also the most fun scenario of all to play (including all of Bungie's).

However, for story and immersiveness nothing comes close to the original Marathon. Any fan of Starship Troopers or The Forever War had to love the original Marathon. The first and only time I ever really felt like I was actually living a sci fi novel.

In defense of Double Aught: Their net maps had a rather high average quality - the Coriolis Loop map pack, although it had warts, was generally brilliant.

woof

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.