Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Your opinion on "jumping"...

Posted By: Fett
Date: 2001.10.22.03.57

In Response To: Re: Your opinion on "jumping"... (SilentMan)

: Yeah, maybe a short exhile sound with a
: "boot-hitting-steel-floor-thingy" sound. Or
: something...

: /SilentMan

I think jumping would ruin the game because half the strategy involved in Marathon was taking into account the fact you couldn't jump. Which is where grenade hopping originated. How much less skill would be involved in the Blaspheme Quarantine, getting that secret in the area after you have to activate the floor lifts at the right time?!! Instead of having only one chance (due to health limitations and the damaging effects of a close proximity to an exploding grenade + 20 or more Pfhor on your ass) you get an infinite #, as well as an easy shot at more ammo etc.

*sigh* I suppose if jumping were to be involved, I would like a slight intake of breath, barely audible. The marine didn't say much and I think thats the way it should stay.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.