Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Christ Almighty!

Posted By: Anaphiel
Date: 2001.8.21.19.38

In Response To: Can I ask a favor? (or why warez sucks) (Djof)

The freakin' game costs like $12 these days... I don't care how poor-assed you might think you are, if you have a computer and a 'net connection I'm pretty sure you could somehow scavenge up $12 to pay for the game you play.

As for why Warez sucks? Here's a little exercise: Make a list of all of the cool developers of PC games that have gone bankrupt (Looking Glass Studios), merged with a giant company that can shut them down at a whim (Bungie, Dynamix), or moved over to console-exclusive development and/or cranking out tired sequels to Star Wars and Star Trek franchised games, because they can't make money because they can't sell their games in part because every 14-year old PC gamer out there would rather download the damned game off Hotline than mow a few lawns or flip a few burgers to actually pay them for their labor. Well, when you get the list done read it over, and think about all of the great games that will never be made, then you'll *possibly* understand why warez sucks.

But frankly I doubt it.

M1:A1 Site

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.