Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Doesn't Bother Me

Posted By: Wolfchild
Date: 2001.8.10.09.00

In Response To: I knew this would happen... (Thermopyle)

: thermopyle.piltdown//113177401
: I told you we shouldn't have released the unfinished solo
: maps. I told you people would be too stupid to read
: the README file.
: thermopyle.piltdown//113177401

Look - they're my maps. Moc did a bit of the lighting on Bigger Guns Nearby but everything else is pure Woofy. I'm the one being dissed here but none of it really bothers me - and it's *not* like I'm incapable of getting pissed off. I've only seen one review written by someone who actually knows what the H*ll Marathon actually is and it was fairly positive. If people are too stupid to RTFM before opening their mouths, what concern is it of mine? It's pretty easy to ignore clueless forum posts and reviews.

The reason I got into mapping (and scripting) to begin with was for *me*. *I* want to play Marathon with my buddies over the internet. I'm not here to compete with Aleph1 or Rampancy. I'm not here so that I can get some name recognition at Bungie fanfests. I'm not here to collect cybergroupies. I'm glad that lots of people seem to enjoy what we've done here, but that's not my motivation for working on this. Like Ricky Nelson said, "You can't please all of the people all of the time so you might as well please yourself."

Besides, 20k downloads in 2 weeks speak at least as loudly as do some whiny PC gamers. It also looks as if we may be causing a few more copies of UT to be purchased. My only regret is that we couldn't cause a small bump in sales for Bungie as well.

woof

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.