Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Multiplayer Alternative Options

Posted By: Scuzzbopper
Date: 2001.7.30.08.31

I noticed that on my system, the Marathon mod entirely replaces regular Deathmatch with 'Every man for himself.' Is this intentional? Will the constraints of UT let you add Marathon as an additional category rather than replacing an existing one. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth without having to pull the mod for multiplayer.

Also, I was wondering about the possibility of being able to apply the mod as a weapons mutator to existing maps. I would hazard that renaming files to start with DMMR instead of DM will let me add some maps (too heretical to suggest using non-Marathon maps?), but it'd be nice to be able play other maps with the Marathon weapons as a server switch. Maybe something that will allow for some controls on the refresh rates of ammo (seems way slow on the existing maps).

I guess ultimately what I'm asking is will us pagans, who remember and love old Marathon but also like UT, have some controls over blending in how much of the mod we want. I guess I like impure experiences.

Lastly, how about some color on the ammo? I remember in Marathon, I could always tell what the ammo was from a distance more from color than from shape, especially when you're busy watching out for your opponents. How about bringing back those colors? Yellow for mag clips, green & bronze for grenades, red for MA75 clips, bright/solid red for shotgun shells, etc. A lot of them are hard to tell apart at a glance or from a distance as they are now in the mod...

SB

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.