Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Thoughts

Posted By: Mumbles
Date: 2001.7.28.20.32

Fun stuff! I was never much of a UT fan and haven't played Marathon multiplayer in years but grabbed this beta anyway.
It's definately already more fun than UT in my opinion and the marathon weapons are so much more fun to use. Well there were a few problems I'll try to list:

-Couldn't get the shotguns to fire in succession properly. One would shoot, then it would lock up even though it had ammo, and when it ran out I'd still be holding it, etc. I still made a few close-range kills with it though.
-Alien Weapon seems to shoot bullets instead of Firey Circles of Death. Not necessarily a bad thing but people don't scream and burn when they die like they used to =( Also the secondary fire does the same thing as the primary? Or does it spread out the bullets into three streams? I hadn't noticed..

Oh and when an especially violent death is caused it'd be nice to see the body explode =D
Anyway enough of the stuff I'd like to see. I really like the physics how they are. Jumping and dodging and all that..hardcore fans may not like it but I do. Oh and then there's the super-jumping off elevators. Some maps probably (definately) weren't designed for this but it's still fun. I hope this is left in because it's hilarious (on Beyond Thunderdome) to jump onto the bridge thingy and have little skirmishes above the arena. Usually a SPNKR recoil will shove you right off but it's still great.
Well, my only REAL complaint is the difficulty in finding servers to play on.

Okay so I know I've been rambling for a while about stuff a dozen other people have probably told you already but I'm bored =p

-Mumbles

P.S. Oh I was wondering if anyone here could help me find an old Marathon netmap. I don't remember the name..maybe something like Return to Thunderdome or something completely different. In any case, it was a large arena map with three or four rooms off to the side. The rooms were fairly large themselves with cubby holes things with hidden doors that could be opened for power-ups/weapons. In the main arena part there was a pit with five or so teleporters that led back into the rooms but if you managed to land in the middle of the pit you'd be teleported up to a control room. In there you could turn off the lights, grab a flamethrower, and hit another switch which opened a locked door down in the arena to a room full of monsters and exploding bobs. Oh this control room overlooked the arena. In the pit you could also teleport to a few other places like some ledge above the arena and inside the monster room (where if you were quick enough you could grab an ivincibility and unlock the door from the inside).
Whew..long postscript. Any help finding the name of this map would be appreciated =D

Messages In This Thread

• Thoughts -- Mumbles -- 2001.7.28.20.32

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.